The volunteer Press Officer would work remotely from their location to help EcoWB share news and updates about our growing organization with our community and the public. The Press Officer would be expected to learn about all of EcoWB’s projects and outreach activities and write about them in a compelling and succinct way that will engage readers.
- Schedule meetings with project managers and board members to learn about recent developments
- Serve as a member of the Social Media Committee
- Prepare press releases about recent activities for different media formats
- Develop contacts and foster relationships with media outlets whose areas of interest would include EcoWB projects
- Craft press guidelines for EcoWB
- Monitor media coverage
- Write updates to be published in EcoWB social media, website, and emails
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Awareness of audiences and sensitivity to how they are addressed
- Good interpersonal abilities
- Persuasive, concise, and creative
- Competent with digital media
- Understanding of journalistic ethics
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
- Fast learner
- Proven experience and previous success writing or publishing for academic, press, or digital forms of media
- Ability to write and speak Spanish is helpful, but not required
- Scientific literacy, professional work experiences or academic studies in a science field
- Preference will be given to applications with a college degree in communications, journalism, media studies, public relations, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
To apply, please send a statement of interest and a current resume or CV to EcoWB’s Volunteer Coordinator, Danielle Reich, at firstname.lastname@example.org.